Friday, July 17, 2015

The Legendary Tempera Bowl From Toyko

Restaurant reviewed by: Jane Ong

Hannosuke Tempura Don

Besides nice comfortable weather all year round, one of the reasons I don't want to ever live anywhere else other than California is the easy access to great authentic international cuisines from all over the world.  With so many dining options within a short drive, there is no reason for me to cook.  I cook only when I really really have lots of time to kill.  I don't think I can cook better food than what I can order from the restaurants here.  My dinner tonight is the Tempera Bowl Combo (Tendon Combo $8.95) which includes a rice bowl topped with crispy shrimp tempera, fish tempera, fried egg and fried seaweed, and also a bowl of Japanese buckwheat noodle soup topped with tempera crumbles.  It also comes with the uniquely flavorful  dipping sauce.  The tempera and the noodle soup are very tasty. Food like this is what makes it difficult for me to get used to the food elsewhere whenever I work out-of-state.  

This restaurant is a branch of the very famous Hannosuke chain in Tokyo. The restaurant only specializes in tempera bowls, and nothing else.  So I am literally having the same kind of tempera bowl as those served by this restaurant  chain in Tokyo.  This is why I'm taking my vacation here at home. Comfortable sunny breezy weather, beautiful beaches, great Japanese food together just give me no reason to want to drag my suitcases to fly elsewhere.  I had been living in a hotel in Toms River New Jersey for the last 2 months and I just don't want to stay at another hotel. I prefer staying at my own home for now.

Restaurant: Hannosuke
Address: 21515 S Western Ave Torrance, CA 90501 
Tel:(310) 787-8350 

No comments:

Post a Comment