Sunday, April 19, 2015

Banana Nut Muffins

Content contributed by: Jane Ong


These muffins are the best Banana Nut Muffins I ever tasted even though I was very confused after watching Tyler Florence's demonstration on the video and reading the printed recipe. I was torn between using 1.5 cups of flour as told by the video and 2 cups of flour as written on the recipe.  Also, Tyler said in the video he was using 1.5 cups of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extra, while the printed recipe instructs the use of 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extra.  After a lot of head scratching, I decided to follow the printed recipe exactly.  I'm glad I did because these muffins turned out to be very delicious with a great texture and a heavenly aroma.  They aren't overly sweet like the ones in the grocery stores.  To me, these muffins just have the right sweetness. The ingredients are just what I always have in my kitchen.  I found this recipe when I was desperately looking for ways to use up the very ripe and spotty bananas.   I love this recipe because unlike other banana muffin recipes, this one doesn't require a long list of special ingredients like special yogurt, flaxseed, banana pudding mix, bran, honey, and the list goes on and on .  This is a short and simple recipe that produced super delicious and wholesome banana nut muffins.  I made 12 this morning for breakfast and we only have 6 left.  Next time I'm going to try to follow the video and see if the muffins will taste any different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment