Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Portuguese BBQ In Toms River New Jersey

Restaurant reviewed by: Jane Ong

Portuguese BBQ Chicken Toms River NJ

I miss El Pollo Loco (Mexican fire grilled chicken chain in Los Angeles) so much I have been looking for a chicken place here in Toms River where I can get similar chicken.  This is how I found this Portuguese BBQ joint. I'm not sure if this is Portuguese cuisine, because my only frame of reference to Portuguese food was the Portuguese food I had when I vacationed in Macau two years ago.  I became a fan of Portuguese food after my trip to Macau.  While this chicken resembled nothing to the Portuguese Chicken I had before, this was a very tasty BBQ chicken. This half chicken ($9.00) was very flavorful and it came with a choice of 2 sides, which I chose french fries and black beans which were awesome with great flavor.  I can't tell whether I like El Pollo Loco in Los Angeles better or this place because they are two different types of fire grilled cuisines.  I think I like them both.  

Restaurant: Brasas BBQ Restaurant
Address: 542 Fischer Boulevard, Toms River, NJ 08753
Tel: 732-279-6023

No comments:

Post a Comment