Monday, June 22, 2015

Smoked Salmon Fried Rice

Content contributed by: Jane Ong

Smoked Salmon Fried Rice Recipe

I went to my friend's house in Colts Neck NJ again yesterday for yet another BBQ.  I would have declined the invitation but I just didn't know how to say no.  Afterall, I live in Los Angeles and my friend claimed if I didn't take this rare business trip of mine to visit her more, there wouldn't be opportunity like this once I leave the Garden State to return to the Golden State.  Oh well, I agreed, so I went even though I found her McMansion really boring and her BBQ and cooking just "bland".  When I got there, I suggested my friend to order some Chinese Fried Rice as a side dish to her BBQ steak (which tasted really gross, and they were from the big pack bought  from Costco).  I was however unable to find a decent Chinese restaurant that is within delivery distance.  Just why does my friend or anyone love to live in the middle of nowhere like this?  So I used the smoked salmon which she stocked up in her fridge, to make Fried Rice myself.  I guess living in a place like Colts Neck just means "more cooking at home", which means more "homework",.....

Makes 2 Servings

Ingredients: 
  • 2 beaten eggs 
  • 2 cups of cooked Jasmine rice (I don't like brown rice but you can do brown rice) 
  • 4 - 5 slices of Atlantic smoked salmon (I often used Scottish smoked Salmon) 
  • 1 teaspoon of soy sauce 
  • 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions 
  • 2 tablespoons of Olive oil 
Direction: 
  1. Heat wok with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium high heat, stir fry the smoked salmon pieces until you can crumble them with the spatula, 1-2 minutes. 
  2. Push the crumbled salmon to one side of the wok and pour in the eggs, stir until the eggs are cooked and crumbled, 1-2 minutes. 
  3. Put aside the salmon and egg mixture on a plate, pour in the wok 1 tablespoon of Olive oil, and continue to heat on medium high heat for 1 min. 
  4. Add chopped green onions and stir fry for 30 seconds. 
  5. Add cooked rice and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. 
  6. Put back the salmon and egg crumbles to 3 above, drizzle soy sauce all over and stir for 30 seconds. Transfer to rice bowls and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment