Thursday, May 28, 2015

We Finally Found Decent Tasting Chinese Food Amid Bomb Threat

Restaurant Reviewed by: Jane Ong

Best Chinese Food in Toms River New Jersey

A real estate assignment brought my associates and I to the Ocean County Mall in Toms River yesterday.  After the lengthy and intense meeting that kept us away from our lunch break, we decided to grab an early supper at the food court in the mall.  I was very surprised to see that there were only three food vendors at the food court of a mall this size. This has to be the smallest food court I had ever seen in a mall.  May be the demographics of the mall's visitors had no interest in dining and that's why the mall has a small food court like this?

Although I have been generally disappointed by the lack of decent Chinese food in this area of New Jersey, my crave for Chinese food was so strong that I was willing to keep trying.  I'm glad I did, because the Chinese food at this food court was decent tasting to me even though it was a little oily.  It wasn't great Chinese food, but it was okay enough for my taste.  I had the two items combo plate at $6.79, with half fried rice and half lo mien.  The fried rice and lo mien were decent and not too oily.  Most importantly, they didn't have that artificial food color that I tasted in other Chinese restaurants in this area.  The fried rice and noodles here were well seasoned with soy sauce, and not yellowish food coloring.  (I just hate Chinese fried rice and noodles that look too yellow).  

The spicy chickens were well seasoned also with decent quality chicken.  The sauce tasted somewhat of cajun and jerk seasoning, which I like because I love spicy food.  The green beans were also well seasoned.  If only they can go light on the oil, I will like the food  even more.  I'm glad I found this Chinese place just in time before the bomb threat evacuated us out of the mall after 5pm..

Restaurant: Master Wok
Address:1201 Hooper Ave, Toms River, NJ 08753

No comments:

Post a Comment