Thursday, May 7, 2015

Vietnamese Curry Chicken Noodle Soup In Toms River NJ

Content contributed by: Jane Ong

Vietnamese Pho in Toms River New Jersey

As a California girl who is spoiled by the easy access of Vietnamese food, I'm surprised to find a place here in Toms River, NJ  where I can have the Phở Cà Ri Gà ($9.45), which is Vermicelli Rice Noodle soup with a mix of curry spices, lemongrass, onion, garlic, coconut milk and boiled white chicken meat. This dish is so far the best Asian dish I had tried in Toms River, after all the Chinese restaurants that let me down in this town.  I was so going to conclude that there was just no edible Asian food in here.  Thank god I found this place.  I'm a little sick of eating western food right now and I really appreciate this variation in my dining option.

Vietnamese Fried Calimari Toms River New Jersey

I also tried the Vietnamese Fried Calamari, Mực Chiên Giòn   ($10.95), which is battered and fried calamari sauteed with garlic, onions, and jalapeno served with a sweet and sour sauce.  They are very different from the fried calamari I'm used to in California which is much better seasoned, which I prefer a lot more.  I just don't care much for the crispy batter.  I prefer calamari that is rolled in well seasoned breadcrumb and fried.  These battered calamari however tasted okay to me, I can eat them, but I think I will stick with the curry chicken noodle soup next time when I come back. I also will have diet coke instead of the iced Vietnamese coffee because the iced coffee here just didn't taste good.

Vietnamese Iced Coffee

Restaurant: Vietnamese Cuisine
Address: 1222 Rte. 166, Toms River, NJ 08753
Tel: 732-349-7777

No comments:

Post a Comment