Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Granola Crusted French Toasts

Review submitted by: Jane Ong



I personally think that it's not a good idea to try to make French Toasts healthy.  I had recently had a plate of Granola Crusted French Toasts at this new restaurant that I love. I don't know what kind of bread was used as the toast, it was just too dry and too tough for me.  It tasted like one of those "healthy multi-grain gluten-free bread", which was days-old.

I just  don't like tough, grainy, chewy and dry French Toasts. The powdered sugar and the scant strawberries topping and syrup didn't help to make the French Toasts any moister.  I later ordered two extra cups of syrup (which was just too light for my taste) and poured it all over, but still the French Toasts were too hard and dry for me. I like the OMG French Toasts from The Turning Point in New Jersey so much more.

The cappuccino there was very good though. This new restaurant has a lot of dishes that I love but not these French Toasts.

Restaurant: Brio Coastal Bars & Kitchen 
Address: 21532 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: (310) 214-1628

Notes From The Editors: Share your restaurant experience with us and we will send you a box of gourmet Chocolate Truffles if we decide to publish your review here. For submission guidelines, please click here to connect with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment