Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Vietnamese Beef Stew Rice Noodle Soup (Phở/ Mì Bò Kho)

Review submitted by: Jane Ong


This is so far the one and only good Asian restaurant in Toms River, Manchester, Brick, Point Pleasant, in Ocean County New Jersey.  I personally like this place better than the sushi place I visited. At this point, I had already given up in looking for more Asian restaurants since I have no desire in driving through the rest of the county far far away from my hotel.  I also don't have the will or the patience to drive to New York City or Philadelphia just for Asian food.  I am very thankful that there is this one Vietnamese restaurant in the area for me to go back again and again to eat. I just hope that this restaurant can make it here in this area, because I have been here long enough to observe that the demographics in this area have very different standards and taste about food.  

As long as I am here in this area, I want to support this only one place that serves decent Asian food. Besides, I really enjoy the Stew Beef Noodle Soup ($9.45) here. The beef is really tasty and the broth is addictively delicious. The noodle on the menu is supposed to be egg noodle.  But I always substitute with rice noodle because rice noodle is more like the Pho thing and I am here for the Pho.  This noodle soup reminds me of my home town Los Angeles.  I am always homesick for California whenever I am working here in this area and this familiar noodle soup reminds me of the comfort food I often had in California.

Restaurant: Vietnamese Cuisine
Address: 1222 Rte. 166, Toms River, NJ 08753
Tel: 732-349-7777

Notes From Our Editors: Share your restaurant experience with us and we will send you a box of gourmet Chocolate Truffles if we decide to publish your review here. For submission guidelines, please click here to connect with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment