Friday, November 20, 2015

Dinner Rolls That I Will Never Buy Again!

Review submitted by: Jane Ong


This bag of dinner rolls is the exact reason why I avoided buying baked goods in the mainstream American grocery stores.  These rolls were just awful to me because I am used to much fresher and tastier buns and breads from the Asian bakeries.  After having the really good rolls at a Dim Sum restaurant, these dinner rolls from Ralph just tasted like crap to me.  I know I can't compare the two since they are different like apples and oranges.  But still, I just can't eat the dinner rolls from Ralph anymore.  I tried and I wanted very much to hold onto them. But I just didn't see how these rolls would be any better if only I stored them another day when they tasted so awful on the first day I bought them from the grocery store.  I struggled to eat one roll on the first night I bought it, and then I just tossed the rest into trash.  It was a huge waste of money, and it made me feel so bad and guilty, since I was raised by parents and grandparents who had once lived through years of near-death starvation and extreme poverty. I hate trashing food, because every time I did, I could picture my parents and grandparents starving and suffering.  But I just couldn't bring myself to eat these lousy rolls.

Notes From Our Editors: Share your bakery experience with us and we will send you a box of gourmet Chocolate Truffles if we decide to publish your review here. For submission guidelines, please click here to connect with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment