Monday, February 22, 2016

Banana Foster Tarts

Recipe submitted by: Jane Ong

Knowing my limited cooking abilities, my mother-in-law emailed me a recipe that she claimed was so deliciously easy that it would keep me mellow at the end of my stressful work day and also make me feel somewhat accomplished about myself...

Ingredients: (Make 6 tarts)
  • 1 package Keebler Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts
  • 3 ripe bananas, sliced
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/8 cup brandy (I used Pierre Douchene Napoleon Brandy V.S.O.P bought at Trader Joe's)
  • A pinch of cinnamon powder
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven at 375F, lightly spray the pie crusts with Pam Butter Cooking Spray and bake for 5 minutes.
  2. At medium heat, cook butter and brown sugar in a sauce pan, stir until sugar and butter melt together.
  3. Add brandy to 2) above, stir and heat until bubbly.
  4. Add banana slices, gently stir until bananas are well coated with the liquid.
  5. Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
  6. Spoon the bananas mixture into the pie crusts, sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
I think this banana brandy sauce will also be good on pancakes and waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment