Friday, April 24, 2015

Korean Style Scallops Ramen Noodle Soup

Content contributed by: Jane Ong


I ate a lot of instant Ramen. Instant Ramen was the only thing I'm competent in cooking.  It's easy and it's always tasty to me.  I'm just addicted to Ramen.  But I have to say I don't like the Nissan brand of Instant Ramen at American grocery stores.  I would not be eating so much instant Ramen if only that were the only brand available.  All my friends who had tried the Asian Ramen I recommended to them can't go back to the typical instant Ramen at the American grocery stores.  The above Scallops Ramen Noodle Soup was made with one of my favorite brands of Asian instant Ramen.

I love spicy food but this can be too spicy for a lot of non-Asian people.  To tone down the heat and the spice,  use half bag of the seasoning or less and substitute half of the water from the cooking instruction with fat free organic chicken broth. This Ramen is available at Amazon.com for $21.34 for 20 bags.  
Making the Scallop Ramen Noodle Soup is easy. Just cook the Ramen according to the package directions, throw in a few Trader Joe's jumbo sea scallops together with the Ramen.(I choose this brand of scallops because they are meaty, they taste really good and fresh except for the occasional few grains of sands which I don't know how to get rid of; and most importantly, they are from the USA, not from China like the other brands).  In the last minute of cooking, throw in  a bunch of organic baby spinach and a pinch of chopped green onions, and then you will get a bowl of  bubbly hot and authentic tasting Korean style Scallops Ramen Noodle Soup in just a few minutes with  no fussy measurement or different pots and pans to deal with....

No comments:

Post a Comment